This week has flown by! i can't believe he's already a week old. and just to let you know, just because you have had three kids doesn't necessarily make you any smarter than you were with the first one. Here are two lesson's i've learned in the past thirty minutes. 1.) no matter how full their diaper is, they can all ways poop more at any given moment. So, Easton needs his diaper changed, we march into the nursery to take care of business, and the following was a reenactment of that Huggies commercial with the baby peeing all over the room & dad, just with poop instead. To Easton's credit, i am, the most awkward baby boy diaper changer in the world, i can't seem to clean or wipe any of that stuff well, however, after filling a diaper he also managed to squirt poop on his coat, shirt, pants, socks, & changing table cover (at this point i'm holding him by his feet and lowering him to the floor, because there are massive pools of yellow poop everywhere) where he then sprays the carpet and myself. Then, he starts to pee. somehow he's good enough to slash it across my chest then throw his legs down and spray my pants and the floor and leave enough of a trickle to run all over himself. this all happened in about 20 seconds. eric was getting Ayelan down for a nap for me, so then eric goes back to work, which leaves me with Auburn (who needs a nap) and Easton (who is screaming because he's cold with pee all over him and hungry) so I get everyone cleaned up and feed Easton and take him into the living room while i put Auburn down for nap. which leads us to lesson number two. 2.) don't put babies in a swing right after they have eaten. i should know this. but i didn't want him to cry and wake up the girls so i put him in the swing on low, because he was happy! however, i finish with Auburn and come in to the living room and he's fussy so i pick him up out of the swing and lay him on my shoulder and he starts coughing so i pull back to look at him and then he starts spewing. in my face, my shirt, his newly changed outfit and the floor which has enough splash to splatter the swing and my newly changed pants at the same time. after i cleaned up all of this i went to the refrigerator and got out a cake someone had brought by and sat on the couch and ate it :)
below are some pictures from the past week:
after his first bath at home
they had all just had their baths
i keep finding Easton like this, i guess the girls think he's lonely
and here is the little thug today (prepooping)
we are all doing good. Auburn is slowly becoming less obsessed with the baby, but he is still a very loved on baby by both girls. but the little guy tolerates most of it, he didn't know he was going to have three mommies. he currently has his nights and day mixed up, so eric and i are exhausted and can't seem to get him strait. we woke him up all day long yesterday and he still had a bad night last night, we'll take any suggestions. anyway, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for us during this time, we are so blessed to have him and the girls in our lives.
9 comments:
I was JUST thinking about you as I tried to catch a few zzz's while my ONLY child slept! I am so happy to see pictures of him and am just counting down the weeks until I can meet him!
Congrats! He looks soooo sweet! Hope things smooth out with the sleep. Ask Beth White for advices; she has the best sleeper ever! Hope you are all feeling well.
Melynda
Congrats! He looks soooo sweet! Hope things smooth out with the sleep. Ask Beth White for advices; she has the best sleeper ever! Hope you are all feeling well.
Melynda
So precious! I especially love the look on Auburn's face in the one where she is holding him. Priceless! Can't wait to see you guys.
I'm tired after reading this! You are a great mommy. The poop story is soo funny and I really love that you ate the cake after all that. :) He is just adorable. I'm so happy for you guys.
love the lessons learned, and trust me you will learn something new everyday. the best advice i ever got about sleep, other than, "sleep when they sleep".. ya right!... not with 3 kids, but anyway was actually, don't stress over the sleep lost because you will eventually get to sleep again. and by the way if cake doesn't do the trick a blizzard always will!
Oh my GOODNESS.... I am speechless. That post had me laughing out loud! Not at you of course, just that "the hits just keep on coming!" Man, I hope today is easier. :)
Only you would have your 1 week old in Nikes in the carseat... too cute. :)
Amber,
Congratulations! I'm sure all of that wasn't funny at the time, but I cracked up the whole way through because you described it so well! He is precious and I love the name, "Easton". It's so cute and different. His blue camo outfit is adorable too! Hope y'all are doing well! We're so happy for y'all!
I just read this and have laughed til I cried. I love your blogs!!! Easton is precious and I can't wait to see him in person. I love the one of the baby doll on him. Perfect for one who had 2 big sisters. Enjoy!! You are a great mom!
Post a Comment