Saturday, August 22, 2009

The last few weeks of our lives have been kinda hard. My sister Tammy has been battling different kinds of health problems for several years now. and so the latest issue was a kidney that wasn't functioning and needed to be removed. anyway, she had the surgery, it all went good, Logan (her 19 year old) and i go down there a week afterwords (it was in Houston, so she and my mom where at my brothers house) we took her shopping, to get a hair cut, go to the circus, just stuff to try and get her back on her feet and then we leave on Sunday because i needed to get back. the next day, Monday, she finds out her (removed) kidney had cancer all in it, Wednesday she finds out its also in her lungs, the next Wednesday she finds out its all over her upper torso, lungs, liver, stomach, exc.. and then one week later, Wednesday, she was gone. she died at age 47. so within two weeks it was... no words can describe.

anyway, everything is over now and it all went well. Logan is leaving for college this next week, Nelson (her 21 year old) is still trying to figure out what he wants to be in life. and we've all kinda gone back to the way things where before, but its not the same :) it just all happened so fast. anyway, i'm doing pretty good, i seem to deal with death better than alot so i guess that is something i need to be thankful for. but if you have time, send a prayer up for my mom and Tammy's boys, they need them badly.


on a happier note, eric and i are expecting again, i know surprise, surprise. it was planned, although not very well, Auburn and this one are going to be even closer in age than the first two. oh well. and the due date (not that i plan on having one of my giant babies on the due date) is my dad's birthday, March 7th, so that's kinda neat. we are excited, and scared, i don't really know how i'm going to handle three, but i guess i'll figure it out :) (just so you don't have to do the math i'm 12 weeks, tomorrow) and for some strange reason i feel all this pressure for it to be a boy, go figure. :)

anyway, there's a little update on life. and here are some pictures of kids, what this blogs really all about :)

the following photos are of Auburn eating, its disastrous! especially after having a dainty clean one like Ayelan...

these potatoes were apparently very good...

she literally licked the plate clean.

Angela, Tammy's ex-step daughter (confusing relationship, but Angela and i grew up together after my sister married her dad), came down for the funeral, here is her daughter Ashlyn (8 months) with Auburn

and with Ayelan... Ashlyn is so cute you just want to squeeze her.

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Amber - I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. We are praying for you and your sweet family.

We are very happy to hear about the 3rd green bean - congratulations. Your pictures are so cute. I can't wait to squeeze those sweet girls.

Love you,
Rachel

jackie said...

Oh my goodness, Amber. I am so sorry about your sister. What a hard thing to go through for you guys. You all will definitely be in my prayers.

Congrats on number 3! We are also expecting our third on March 16 so I am only a week behind you. Crazy! I am starting a new teaching job tomorrow so needless to say I am also pretty anxious about having a third and going back to work. Are you feeling good now? I am still waiting for the second trimester because the 1st is so horrible. Only a couple more weeks!
Anyways, your family is in our prayers. Love ya girl!

Jackie

Lauren said...

Amber, I'm so sorry for your loss!
Congrats on number 3! I've only had 3 for a few weeks, but it's not quite as bad as I feared. Of course, the in-laws are still here so I haven't been alone.
I know what you mean about the pressure to have a boy. I (and everyone else is seems) sooo wanted Lachlan to be a girl. Now that he's here, though, I'm excited about 3 boys.
Love, Lauren

Ericka Moore Photography said...

Congrats, Amber! I was so excited to hear this morning that you are expecting again! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a boy. Boys are fun and so much easier than girls.
I am so sorry about Tammy. She was such a sweet and talented lady and will be truly missed. It's amazing how she looked so great the last time I saw her (at graduation) and now she's gone. It sure is good to know that God is in control even when it seems like he is not. I am here if you need anything. : )

jaymie said...

Oh my goodness Amber! I'm so sorry about your sister. I'll say an extra prayer for your family...especially your sweet mom, she immediately came to my mind.

I think it goes without saying that the phillips pham is pumped about #3!!! Boy or girl, we LOVE all the green beans! Thanks for the update...your pictures are always so good!

Claire & Eden said...

So sorry to hear about your sister and will be praying for everyone.

Congrats on #3! What an emotional few weeks for you. Hope you're feeling well and can't wait to hear girl or boy! no matter what, we will love them just the same =)

love you all
Kathryn

Brooks Family said...

WOW # 3 on the way.... it is a HUGE leap, but it will be great. and whatever it is, boy or girl, you have beautiful kids!
so sorry to hear about your sister. we will surely keep you and your family in prayers.
mandy b.

Kyla said...

Amber, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I was so shocked when I read what happened and I can't imagine how difficult that would be, especially happening so quickly. Wow, those poor boys... I will say a prayer for them and your family.

Your girls are so cute!!! And CONGRATS on your exciting news! How fun. Hope you are feeling good and are able to get some rest (ha!) even though you have 2 other little ones!

Adam and Kristen (or doodle for some) said...

Oh man, Amber. I am so sorry. Adam and I are so sorry and will definitely be praying for ALL of you guys. I know it's never easy, but it's gotta be even harder when it happens so fast. Thanks for letting us know so we can pray! :)

We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Amber,

I'm SO sorry to hear about your sister. That is awful...there really aren't words, but I will be praying for you and your family. Cancer is such a scary thing.
In other news, CONGRATULATIONS! Are you going to stick with the "A" names? Your girls are getting so big. They are adorable as always! We are going to Marty's parents for Labor Day weekend and I heard y'all are going to be at the Spencer's so maybe we'll get to see y'all. That's sad that we have to travel 7 hours (when we only live like two)to see y'all. Take care!

Jodi said...

Like everyone else, I am SO SO sorry to hear about your sister. You obviously have an AMAZING faith to be dealing with it the way you are. I am RIGHT NOW covering your family in prayer... I am so sorry.

On the better note, YAY for another little green bean!!! You guys make gorgeous babies, and I am so excited for you! Praying for a healthy pregnancy (preggo with two little ones sounds rough!!!) and a perfectly healthy baby!! Looking forward to updates!

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

Amber,
I am so sorry to hear about your sister. It breaks my heart. She was such a sweet lady. I barely knew her, but I always thought she was so sweet. I am praying for your family. Love you and so excited about this new little Green baby. :)

Kacy said...

Hey, girl. Just wanted to say I've been thinking about you this morning.